Sunday, December 29, 2013

photogenic rock trail

The Rock Trail (officially the Pioneer Express Trail) is a short, tough, photogenic three mile section, which we often avoid. But it is lovely and interesting, with rock-laden singletrack, boulder-hidden trails and sweeping views of the empty lake.







Major also saw the ghost of Christmas past. He was quite convinced of the waving monster, until we got about 6 feet from it and realized it was a non-scary bag.







Major stopped a few times and stared out at the vista. I wonder what he is thinking? I look out and know the lake is at 21%, the lowest in decades, and we've had no significant rain or snow yet, and worry about the coming year. I wish I could look out as simply as he does. I didn't even have to ask him to stand quietly while I took photos.







We cut back into the forest, just a short, calm trip today. Quietly rejuvenating.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! I wish we could send you all the rain we're having out here in the East coast. :/ I'd happily give it all to you.

    ReplyDelete