Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 finale

We're all ready for 2020 to be over, though I know 2021 will not solve anything, as least it is looking better…

sigh…
2020 did have one last surprise for me, and that would be coming back from a ride and seeing my new-to-me car a bit smashed under a huge tree branch! Oh boy. It was almost so ridiculous to be funny. Almost. Luckily insurance came though, and the repair shop, and I have my car back to drive into the new year.

While I still feel like the new year begins with solstice, the calendar says otherwise. So today was our last ride of 2020. 

pre-ride outlast snack…on the trailer fender, we're classy…
 I meant to document the ride with lots of photos to have a pretty end-of-year blog post. But I was having a good time, and then later dealing with a very enthusiastic Major, so there are only a few photos for the end of 2020.

not designed by an equestrian: that railing is in a weird turn and right at riding knee height, ouch!
 

This has surprisingly been a good riding year! Not many travels, and only local adventures, but no stress of conditioning or endurance rides. I'm still having fun working on the 1900 mile Pony Express challenge, (I am near the Diamond Springs Station, Nebraska!)

apocalypse wasteland, or low lake water levels?
 My ride recording app sent me my stats for the year: 753 miles, 83,632 feet of elevation, over the course of 95 rides. I was most impressed that is is 157 hours, and that doesn't count the time spent getting ready, untacking, general horse care and everyday horse time spent. Maybe I don't want to add up all those hours (I know I don't add up the dollars)!
things are getting green
Best of all Major is healthy and happy to be out (as evidenced today, oh boy!) and we look forward to more fun on the trails in 2021. Happy New Year everyone, and happy trails!


3 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed your travels close to home (and I'm in Grass Valley, so very close!) - my horses are retired now so I ride vicariously through you and a couple of others :-) HAPPY NEW YEAR to you, Major and your SO! Fran in Grass Valley x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you neighbor! If you ever find yourself with a riding horse let me know, we’ll join you and go exploring!

      Delete
  2. Happy new year! Thank you bringing us along on your rides with sweet, funny, loveable Major! Reading your posts has been a bright spot these past months. All the best to you and yours for 2021.

    ReplyDelete