Sunday, April 16, 2017

rabbit food

A very large rabbit was seen at our stable today.

seriously, where is my treat?

He did need to be bribed with new treats, but grudgingly posed for some photos, before scampering back under his shelter.

Because it started raining…again.

The new treats were a big hit with the four horses who tried them:

Major's Embarrassing Muffins
(not those muffins!)
3 cups shredded carrot
2 cups oats
1 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. cinnamon (can omit, but it's yummy)
1/2 cup molasses (can omit, just use more applesauce)
1/2 cup applesauce

mix it all up, shove in the tin

makes 30 tasty treats
Complicated recipe instructions: Mix it all up. Shove appropriate amounts into mini muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 35–45 minutes. Makes 30 mini muffins. These are not just tasty for horses, they're human tasty too, minus some salt!

Note from Major: Just FYI, serving size should be 30 muffins. And I should not wear ears. I have ears. White and pink ones are embarrassing.

the things I tolerate…for treats
I'm going to emulate Major and hide under my shelter from the rain, and find another craft project. I did make a unicorn earlier, he has a home on my kitchen table.

"Makes One Unicorn." that makes me laugh
tiny unicorn keeps watch

Tiny unicorns and large rabbits, maybe all this rain is driving me a little crazy…

watch for large rabbits at your stable too!

1 comment: