Monday, March 20, 2017

stolen moments

A day off work. Sunny and almost too hot for March. And the trail ahead.

After slopping through more mud than I expected (still?!), we found the sand. The lake is low to allow for the snow to fill it (and 190% of normal snow levels makes for a lot of water). The sand is deep, and we just walk (and not rolling! I had to remind Major).

Folsom dam in the distance

grass, sand, and distant snow

We had a view of the Folsom dam one direction, and the snow-buried mountains in the other. The breeze played with Major's mane, as he looked toward home. It was just a moment, but it was all I needed this day.



5 comments:

  1. Never ceases to impress me, the comfort we get from horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they know, don't they? thanks.

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure they know and enjoy with us!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like exactly what you needed and good boy Major! Love the orange and black tack btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was great. I love my tack, and Major loves his halter/bridle without a browband, less places to be itchy!

      Delete