Thursday, December 19, 2013

naughty or nice

This time of year I'm not riding for any goal, or doing any conditioning. I'm just riding, for fun. Because I love my horse, and we love to explore and trails are great and time with friends is fun. I still wish I had more time to ride, but with early darkness and late work hours, I'm a bit of a weekend warrior, with just short bareback forest jaunts in the darkness after work. So when the weekend rolls, around, Major and I both want to get out and explore!

the American River from Avery Pond, we could have safely walked across it

on the second day of xmas my true love gave to me: 2 horses and a teepee

So here is a weekend to ride, destination Avery Pond. And it was awesome. Trotting and cantering on a loose rein, forward but not silly, I love my horse! Nice!

Then we turned for home.

Let's just say I didn't love my horse for awhile there, but I did get to practice what the start of an endurance ride was like. Naughty.

A madly rushing fool, not listening, hell-bent for home. I don't think so. We fought it out, I barely won, and didn't have much fun in the process. Coming back we have to walk the road, always hand walking. With a kite-horse prancing beside me, staring at silly things he's not afraid of, skittering across asphalt. Guess he wasn't tired (they really don't seem to lose that much conditioning!)

Just a brat. I'm planning a good ride this Saturday, by ourselves, so I'll have all the time in the world to correct and deal with the silliness (I just really hope I don't have to ride 20 miles to do it!).

Major better watch out, his stocking might be stuffed with coal instead of alfalfa if he keeps this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment