Saturday, June 18, 2011

not complaining

Really trying hard not to complain. But 70-75 degrees to 95 in a couple days...come on! A little transition would have been nice, but again, skip Spring go directly to Summer.

Rode Wednesday, which happened to be the hottest day of the year. I was melting, but thought the cool walk in the forest shade would be nice. Went with a friend, both horses were happy to be out and a bit full of it. I was a bit worried about the temperature spike on them (let alone me!), but coming for home both horses didn't even notice as we steered them up a big hill to get some energy out.

Major was sweaty but not bad, Friday was dripping sweat. I learned that even if really hot I need to wear my half-chaps. My leg got all sweaty and gross from the horse, branches kept grabbing me and leathers are not very comfy. Once we all adjust to the weather, 95 will be downright cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment