Monday, July 26, 2010

Tevis thoughts

This weekend I was with many non-horsey people, some of whom know me well enough to ask about my horse and even the Tevis (maybe because I was checking web updates while at a concert). They all ask if that is my plan, and without getting into a day-long discussion with them, I just tell them we're not at that level, and have no plans for anything that ambitious!

Huge congratulations to all the riders and horses who even try Tevis, amazing athletes all of them. It was addicting to follow it online, (I wish it worked better on my phone), but I'll be there next year to help. Seeing some of the Best Condition photos and footage from Sunday really cements it...these horses look amazing, they love their jobs, and their partnerships with their riders are so strong. 100 miles in 24 hours, amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment