Wednesday, February 29, 2012

leap day

Once every 4 years (though not years divisible by 100, unless divisible by 400) the space-time continuum (calendar gods) add an extra day to balance all life in the universe. (really, it's a bit insane)

I use it to do the same. For as long as I can remember, I take the day off work and do something fun and get things done. Of course, my first choice would be to ride my horse! February has been mild, and if work didn't get in the way (grateful for a job, just wish it wouldn't cut into my leisure time so much) I could have ridden every day.

So today it is raining. Really raining. Appropriate for a strange day of the year. Major will have to wait another four years, I'm not so dedicated to riding in the wet stuff. But I contacted some riding friends and instead of hitting the trails we're going to lunch (to talk about hitting the trails!)

Making the best of a situation, figuring out solutions. Feel familiar? Riders do it all the time, from big picture to the smallest thing.

So take a leap while you can, you never know what comes next.





No comments:

Post a Comment